WatrHub accelerates sales to water utilities.
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, values, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Manufacturers subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients and bring their advanced, efficient technologies to our aging water infrastructure.
We are looking for a Data Analyst to work alongside the Data, Developer, and Sales teams to deliver high quality products to clients throughout the water industry. You will be capturing, analyzing and processing a wide variety of water data and continuously researching creative uses for this data. The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters.
What You Will Accomplish
- Design and improve integrations with the Software Development team to introduce efficiencies and automate the product delivery process.
- Manage the organization and use of different data sets that make up our large and growing database.
Expectations & Responsibilities
- Execute data capture, auditing, consolidation, filtering, and analysis to support client product delivery.
- Translate manual data capture & filtering tasks into requirements that can be developed into automation and scripts.
- Liaise between the Data and Development teams on current and future database needs, schemas, and use cases.
- Maintain and express a deep understanding of our dataset inventory and database coverage.
Skills & Requirements
- Conscientious attention to detail, exceptional project organization skills, complete accountability for your tasks, capable of driving projects independently and an impressive track record on previous projects.
- Passion for big data challenges, working with large datasets and creating data visualizations.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and exposure to a database system (mySQL, MongoDB etc) is a plus.
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of treatment processes, regulations, programs, and topics in the water and wastewater industry across Canada and USA is a plus.
- Prior experience in a water-related research role or as a data analyst in capital markets, energy or other industry is ideal, but not necessary.
- As an early member of our Data Analyst Team, you can influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (water).
- The Data Team lives at the cross section of water, startup and data science. There is no other team like it in Toronto.
- There is no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large technology company.
- You get company-paid transportation, health & fitness benefits, a training budget, and work-from-wherever days.
- You get support from our in-house subject matter experts, data scientists and water industry titans.
- We work hard. We play hard. We are on a mission to solve water. We enjoy happy-hour patios, team lunches exploring the food scene around our office in the Annex, and rock-climbing together. We believe our team diversity makes us the best we can be!
So Water You Waiting For?
Apply today and tell us specifically why you are a great fit for this opportunity!
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!