Digital Marketing Manager
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, valves, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. We are well positioned to revolutionize the water industry and bring forth an exceptional level of market efficiency and transparency.
Technology Vendors and Engineering Firms subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients by matching their advanced, efficient technologies to the cities that have aging infrastructure and need it most. WatrHub challenges the status quo, accelerating the adoption cycles of these large, but risk-averse trillion dollar infrastructure industries.
We are looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to join our rapidly growing team. Reporting to the CEO, we are looking for a candidate with prior success in digital marketing and demand generation to drive client engagement, sales acceleration, and brand awareness. The individual is required to be both strategic and hands-on with their approach to advance WatrHub’s growth strategy by targeting appropriate market segments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-starter to take the next step in their career. This role comes with immediate impact, key responsibilities, and the opportunity to be creative and rapidly progress their career in a fast-paced, startup environment.
The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters in Liberty Village.
The ideal candidate should have extensive digital marketing experience, and a proven track record of creating successful and measurable marketing campaigns. This individual will be responsible for driving performance across all digital channels (e.g., website, social media, industry blogs and publications, SEM, remarketing, etc.). Tactical knowledge of current and upcoming marketing best practices, demand generation techniques, and execution strategies is essential to the role. An understanding of the water, public infrastructure or a related industry will be an asset for this individual in order to structure their marketing strategies and target appropriate market segments for WatrHub.
The ideal candidate is required to be analytical and a critical thinker to appropriately evaluate and determine which marketing programs are working well for the firm, and which programs should be revised or changed to make a larger impact. Exceptional communication skills and ability to effectively collaborate across multiple teams is essential to the role - the candidate will be partnering closely with internal teams (Sales, Product, Tech, etc.) to generate relevant messaging strategies to increase both demand generation and brand recognition.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Develop and execute a digital marketing strategy that aligns with WatrHub’s growth strategy
- Create and execute the integrated demand generation program, which may include working collaboratively with appropriate team members to originate specific selling proposition, determine market audience, generate compelling demand generation content and solidify a strategy for social media using proven digital trends, and best practices
- Work closely with Sales and Product teams to collectively align, plan, execute, and report on marketing campaigns based on upcoming roadmap milestones
- Develop specific demand generation content which may include web and social media content, case studies, white papers, blog posts, infographics, written and video content for numerous outlets including email, affiliates, industry blogs and publications, associations, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, etc.
- Filling the lead pipeline by managing the full lifecycle of online and offline demand generation programs that deliver qualified leads to the Sales Team
- Responsible for the delivery of all SEO-related tasks, such as Competitive SEO Analysis, Keyword Analysis (Scorecard), and Link Analysis
- Develop targeted education and awareness programs to effectively align buyers of the client organization and WatrHub’s product adoption cycles
- Utilize automation to improve processes and productivity to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Track, measure and report on costs, performance, and ROI for all digital marketing programs, including visitor and engagement trends using Google Analytics
- Generate detailed weekly performance reports and forecasts, with credible insights and real-time recommendations for improvement and growth. Effectively communicate and present these reports to Management and the broader WatrHub team
- Manage relationships with vendors / digital marketing agencies
- Deep understanding of WatrHub’s products and services
- Other job duties as assigned
- Completed undergraduate degree or certificate program in Business Administration/Commerce or related field with a focus in Marketing or Digital Marketing
- 2+ years’ experience in Digital Marketing with an emphasis on digital media. Startup Experience is not required, but will be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience of how to successfully plan and execute brand campaigns
- Understanding of best practices of marketing and demand generation strategies
- A strong understanding of the target audiences' attitudes, behaviour and perceptions using a variety of market information and research data
- Strong quantitative, analytical and data interpretation skills
- Strong ability to seamlessly collaborate, cooperate, and communicate with team members in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Ability to change tactics quickly in response to outcomes
- Adept at using social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and executing media buys and reporting on social platforms, Google Ads, Google Analytics
• We take hundreds of millions of unstructured documents and bring them to life using algorithms to find and extract the golden nuggets of insight buried inside an ocean of data
• We are building something critically needed, immediately useful, and proprietary from the ground-up. We live at the cross section of water, start-up and data science. There is no other team like it in Toronto.
• You will get the opportunity to work with talented, diverse and award winning cross-functional teams with exposure to interesting challenges at the forefront of big data applications
• You get direct exposure to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Tech Entrepreneurship and Water Infrastructure Markets from our in-house subject matter experts and industry titans.
• You get a company-paid commuting stipend, flexible health and wellness benefits, a training budget and work-from-wherever days in addition to your competitive salary and incentive plan.
Application Deadline is June 30th 2019, but candidates will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis.