Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, valves, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Most of the largest industry players subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients and bring their advanced, efficient technologies to our aging water infrastructure.
We are hiring a Research Manager with proven research, communication, people management, and execution skills to lead and contribute to our rapidly growing Research Team. The Research Manager will play an ownership role in the end-to-end design and execution of WatrHub's research and product delivery process. You will be required to articulate a vision for the team of how Market Research will be done in an Artificial Intelligence powered future.
The ideal candidate would be a data-driven decision maker, but at times must know when to trust their gut to make operational decisions that have significant impact for the Research Team and the quality of the insights we deliver. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy creating a strong team culture through a unified vision, setting clear expectations, mentorship, and enjoying the journey. This candidate will be fanatical about maintaining a high bar for quality and rigor across research efforts.
The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters.
What You Will Achieve
- Proactively managing our Research team's efforts across our portfolio of clients to ensure timely deliveries that on point with client requirements; Build on your many creative and analytical skills daily to delight clients constantly.
- Set goals, communicate expectations, manage team bandwidth, and prioritize the efforts of the Research Team; Ensure our Research Team is always focusing on the highest priority things, focusing both on the short-term needs as well as looking ahead to the next big challenge
- Coach the Research Analysts in executing on our research strategy, solving their biggest delivery challenges, communicating research results to various audiences, and interpreting the data to uncover high value insights.
- Help bring complex quantitative and qualitative data to life in inspiring and compelling ways, e.g. storytelling and highly visual presentations.
- Design, implement, and oversee our Research processes; Set a long term vision for WatrHub's Research Strategy
- Stay current on latest research approaches, methodologies and trends (including participation in research industry and Research association events) – providing regular updates to the Research Team at large.
- Support company in recruiting efforts and retaining talent through reinforcing our Company Culture, processes, and best practices.
- 3+ years of Market Research experience, methodologies, and best practices, including ability to spot trends in data, drill down to the details; Big picture context and broader, bigger implications; Distilling data/information into a concise story, with the ability to creatively tell the story through visuals.
- 3+ years in PMI-based project management processes; experience must cover all phases of a project lifecycle including planning, risk management, issues management, time management and financial management.
- Coordinating and managing multiple client projects on time and on budgets while overseeing all operational components of projects
- You are experienced in unlocking consumer and marketplace insight and trends, innovation and strong business performance based on data;
- You love Data; You are well versed with advanced statistics (regression modeling, cluster analysis) using large data sets large data sets (R, SPSS, SAS, or Python)
- You possess excellent creative and analytic problem-solving skills. You can quickly listen, analyze situations, and think of new solutions and make recommendations and decisions.
- You are collaborative by nature, have eagle-eye attention to detail and brilliant time management skills.
- Undergraduate Degree required. Masters/MBA with specialization in marketing, psychology or related field preferred;
- Public speaking skills and interest preferred.
- This is a rare opportunity to lead the Research process at WatrHub, where you can influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (water).
- You get to support a disruptive solution with a compelling value proposition into an industry that needs you and there is no direct competition.
- We live at the cross section of water, startup and data science. There is no other team like us in Toronto.
- There is no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large technology company, agency or firm.
- Perks include company-paid transportation, League health & fitness benefits, a training budget and work-from-wherever days in addition to your competitive salary and incentive plan.
- Receive direct exposure to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Water Infrastructure Markets research from our in-house subject matter experts and industry titans.
- We work hard. We win together. We are on a mission to solve water. We enjoy happy-hour patios, team lunches, exploring the food scene around our office, and rock-climbing together. We believe our team diversity makes us the best we can be!
Application Deadline is June 14th, 2019, but candidates will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis.