Director of Operations
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, valves, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Leading Technology Vendors and Engineering Firms subscribe to WatrHub to identify and land their next Water Utility client and in turn, bring their advanced, efficient technologies to solve our aging water infrastructure challenges. This is where you can make an impact on the future of water for all.
We are looking for a Director of Operations to lead business operations and oversee overall execution of WatrHub's business growth strategy. This will require defining and managing business processes within Data Operations, Client Success, Product Delivery, Sales, and Marketing. You will have a pivotal role in establishing business objectives across the company, managing KPI reporting, and using our business metrics to accelerate company growth. This is an autonomous role where you will build the operations framework from the ground up, then cultivate your team and manage cross-functional collaboration across the entire company on shared business objectives.
The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of data-driven best practices, can operationalize strategy, is process-oriented and is a skilled business practitioner who can accomplish goals in a timely and fiscally responsible manner.
The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Operationalize WatrHub's business growth strategy, manage Business Operations activities on a day-to-day basis, and support the operational excellence needs of our sales, Marketing, Client Success, Data Operations, and Product Teams
- Define and prioritize improvement projects for our Data Operations based on client feedback, and oversee end-to-end implementation of these projects
- Build and embed company dashboards to track performance against our annual budget. Plan and manage periodic operational review sessions, and make operational and resource allocation decisions to achieve our budget goals.
- Deliver a consistently exceptional customer experience to all of our clients, including exceptional data quality and value-add analysis through operational excellence. This includes managing the Data Operations Team, coordinating their daily activities, and developing strong organizational standards.
- Detail the business processes that drive fast revenue growth for the company; drive the adoption of these business processes and IT systems to support business processes.
- Establish the playbook for Client Success issues and incident management escalation
- On a monthly basis, review performance, analyze KPIs, and prepare Balanced Scorecard (BSC) presentations for Board and Management review
Skills and Requirements
- You have honed incredible interpersonal skills, thrive in environments with multi-stakeholder communication needs and deep collaboration, and you specialize in project execution and accountability.
- You are organized, process-oriented, and results-focused. You have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize effectively, and deliver in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- You have a track record of problem solving successfully with strong analytical skills; you can utilize internal financial and business intelligence reports to strategize, forecast and optimize plans for achieving our annual budget and objectives.
- You have 2+ years of leadership experience with directly managing teams and have refined your coaching, mentoring and performance management skills. We are open to the right candidate without this level of experience, but with the aptitude to quickly grow into a team leadership role.
- You have a contagiously optimistic, detail-oriented, lead-by-example personality who loves to roll up their sleeves and get the work done. This is a very hands-on role that requires a sense of urgency and a track record for strong business results.
- You possess both the business acumen and courage to make difficult, but necessary decisions and recommendations. An MBA or prior Management Consulting experience would be an asset but not a requirement.
- As a member of our Leadership Team, you can influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (water).
- WatrHub lives at the cross section of water, startup and data science. There is no other team like us.
- There is no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large, entrenched technology company.
- You get company-paid transportation, health & fitness benefits, a training budget, and work-from-wherever days in addition to your competitive salary and incentive plan with uncapped upside potential.
- You get to learn all things related to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, and Water Infrastructure Markets from our in-house subject matter experts and industry titans.
- We work hard. We play hard. We are on a mission to solve water. We enjoy happy-hour patios, team lunches exploring the food scene around our office, and year-round soccer together.
- Finally, we believe our strong team diversity makes us the best team we can be.
Application Deadline has been extended to April 20, 2018, but candidates will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis.