Senior Data Project Manager
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, valves, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Technology Vendors and Engineering Firms subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients and bring their advanced, efficient technologies to our aging water infrastructure.
We are looking for a Senior Data Project Manager with a strong passion for data and people. The Senior Data Project Manager has the primary responsibility to create project plans, oversee all aspects of our data projects, and drive progress towards the delivery objectives established mutually with the client in the SOW, while ensuring best practices on data quality, data management, and data analysis.
Our team is challenged every day to sift through streams of data and documents including proposals, plans and budgets, relating to cites and water utilities across the U.S. and Canada. We need to extract and understand the key insights that are important to our clients, while still capturing the supporting metadata with impeccable attention to detail.
The position will be based out of our Toronto Headquarters in Liberty Village.
The ideal candidate should have strong project management and project execution experience. A proven track record of successfully delivering multiple data projects with a high level of quality and precision for enterprise clients is essential. A solid understanding of data schemas, data management, best practices, research, and insights is crucial to the role, alongside thorough knowledge of either water, public infrastructure or a similar industry. This individual will be required to deliver on-time and on-budget high quality data projects to clients based on their needs, identifying any issues early on and providing direction and guidance to internal team members.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills to seamlessly collaborate with various internal functions (Sales, Data, Research, Product, Tech etc.), as well as appropriately manage expectations of multiple external clients. This role will require a high level of critical thinking, as the individual will be solving challenging problems, while striving to provide the best solution to WatrHub’s clients. Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively manage and coordinate the efforts of the Data, Research and Account Management teams is essential to this role.
What You Will Accomplish:
- Provide cross-functional project leadership to the Data, Research, and Account Management teams
- Lead and oversee the full project lifecycle from the initial kick-off to completion of entire project, and on-going data deliverables
- Ensure contracts and proposals provided to prospective clients are feasible, effectively scoped and aim to appropriately solve client issues while meeting WatrHub’s profitability goals
- Ensure client needs are properly documented and translated into project tasks and deliverables for internal team members
- Develop and produce comprehensive Project Plans and Status Reports to update management and the broader WatrHub team on scope, schedule, budget, quality, as well as risks and mitigation plans
- Coordinate with Data Analysts, Research Analysts, Account Managers, and Product teams to meet client deliverables in a timely manner while maintaining data integrity and quality
- Utilize effective planning, monitoring, and controlling processes that includes best practices on data quality, data management, and data analysis
- Provide on-going feedback, mentorship, direction and guidance to team members regularly
- Oversee quality of client communications (both verbal and written) to ensure exceptional client interactions which positively represents WatrHub’s brand
- Observe the Research and Data Team workflows, and recognize any opportunities for increased efficiencies in the project execution process. Provide appropriate recommendations to improve overall workflows and oversee the execution and implementations of those workflow efficiency projects
- Groom the client support ticketing system to ensure all client feedback is logged, and necessary internal action items are being completed
- Completed undergraduate degree or certificate with a preference to the following fields of study: Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, Environmental Studies, Project Management, or Information Studies
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience in project management
- Prior experience as a Manager or Team Leader is an asset
- Experience in, or exposed to Business Intelligence, AI, Big Data or Software Development cycles
- Ability to develop and maintain trusting relationships with clients
- Excellent client-facing communication skills, an exceptional communicator who can speak to all levels of the organization, and is comfortable conversing in both technical and business situations (both written and verbal)
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, with the ability to deliver impactful presentations in a concise and effective manner
- In-depth knowledge of project management processes, methodologies, and documentation
- Conscientious attention to detail, a data and metric-driven mindset and exceptional project organization skills
- Takes complete accountability of data projects; and an impressive track record on previous projects
- Ability to solve both internal and external problems that may arise, and makes decisions quickly
- Understanding of Best Practices of Data Cleansing and Standardization
- Strong emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- We take hundreds of millions of unstructured documents and bring them to life using algorithms to find and extract the golden nuggets of insight buried inside an ocean of data
- We are building something critically needed, immediately useful, and proprietary from the ground-up. We live at the cross section of water, start-up and data science. There is no other team like it in Toronto.
- You will get the opportunity to lead and manage talented and diverse cross-functional teams with exposure to interesting challenges at the forefront of big data applications
- You get to direct exposure to Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Tech Entrepreneurship and Water Infrastructure Markets from our in-house subject matter experts and industry titans.
- We have an award-winning team that likes to solve hard, challenging problems
- You get company-paid transportation, health & fitness benefits, a training budget and work-from-wherever days in addition to your competitive salary and incentive plan.
Application Deadline is July 31st 2019, but candidates will be selected for interviews on a rolling basis.