Data Analyst & Researcher
WatrHub accelerates sales to water utilities.
Canada and the United States need to rebuild their aging water infrastructure. This will cost $1 Trillion over the next 20 years to replace pipes, pumps, values, treatment equipment and the software to run them all.
WatrHub is the only source of predictive market information on how, when, and why these water infrastructure investments will be made. Our AI engine transforms millions of public documents into actionable sales leads and market insights. Manufacturers subscribe to WatrHub to secure their next water utility clients and bring their advanced, efficient technologies to our aging water infrastructure.
We are looking for a Data Analyst & Researcher to work alongside the Client Success team to deliver high quality research reports to clients throughout the water industry. You will be capturing, analyzing and processing a wide variety of water data and continuously researching creative uses for this data. This is a 3-month contract position based out of our downtown Toronto office, with the ability to work remotely after the first month.
What You Will Accomplish
- Deploy your proven research skills to dig deep and uncover all the documents and datasources relating to drinking water, wastewater, and other sectors of the water industry in the US and Canada
- Deliver market data, research, and intelligence into the water industry that our customers need to drive their sales processes
- Develop and deliver customer reports to discuss market trends and insights
- Champion the integrity of our water data by identifying ways to streamline the data aggregation and automation processes that build up our database
- Work with the Client Success Manager to address customer success issues and to determine solutions to improve our relationship with the clients
Skills & Requirements
- Passion for big data challenges, previous experience working with large datasets, collecting research and summarizing findings in reports, and keen interest to uncover gaps, issues, and solutions to address possible data quality issues
- Ability to understand tasks well, drive projects independently, complete deadlines on time, show exceptional project organization skills, and manage tasks from several projects at once
- Strong team player who is able to communicate well, take instructions from people constructively, and also offer insightful recommendations and advice
- Strong attention to detail and proven research skills to uncover both qualitative and quantitative insights and research from several unconsolidated and segmented sources including databases, reports and websites from the federal, state/provincial, and municipal levels
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge of treatment processes, infrastructure, regulations, programs, and topics in the water and wastewater industry across Canada and USA
- Prior experience in a water-related or environmental research/analyst role is ideal
- As a member of our Data Team, you can influence positive change within one of the biggest societal challenges of our generation (water) and be a direct player in influencing the success of our clients
- The Data Team lives at the cross section of water, startup and data science. There is no other team like it in Toronto.
- There is no corporate bureaucracy here. You will accomplish more here in a few months than what you would in a few years at a large technology company.
- You have the ability to learn and obtain support from our in-house subject matter experts, data scientists and water industry titans.
- We work hard. We play hard. We enjoy flexible work hours and days; you choose what hour to come in and leave; if you have appointments on a weekday, feel free to switch up your work days or hours.
Deadline to apply is September 8, 2017. Apply today and tell us specifically why you are a great fit for this opportunity!
So Water You Waiting For?